Take a deep breath and come with us on a face-paced alliteration challenge, as we share some of our annual highlights! (Also if alliteration isn’t your thing you can read in a handy infographic here.)
- The Everybody NOW! team was ready to Jump into January putting the final tweaks on our 2023 planning and rolling out our Storyteller-in-Residence series by Terrific Tnee Dyer.
- Fabulous February gathered together some of our biggest cheerleaders to film our Impact Video with our long-time collaborator and friend Claudio from Artwork Agency.
- We curated and produced a Slam Poetry Workshop for Dr Adele Pavlidis & Professor Simone Fullagar from Griffith University as an action-research project listening to the diverse perspectives on inclusion from women and non-binary people involved in sport, culminating in a beautiful showcase event with live performance and music.
- Roller Coaster casting began, and,
- We welcomed our fifth team member – Dr Kirsty Guster joining us as Partnerships & Relationship Manager, relocating from Canberra to the sunny Gold Coast.
- Marvelous March Was all heads down, bums up (not in the old school game kind of way), tippy tapping at the keys for a Roller Coaster creative development with Nico Lennon playing the role of Tully and Claire Atkins playing Sam.
- We held a community screening event for our Storyteller-in-Residence series supported by our incredible partners HOTA, Home of Arts. Think bean bags, popcorn, interviews with the filmmaker and stars, and live music from Wild Eyed Wonder.
- In Amazing April our very own Six Foot lady shark AKA Bec Reid and Pruducer extraordinaire headed to Bidjara Country / Charleville for Queensland Music Trail’s Big Base party, facilitating dance workshops with the local dance studio and Charleville’s Health & Aging Program before Swing on In’s Chrissy & Ray Keepance along with Saxophonist Josh Appleby joined the team to get the crowds dancing for headliner C.W Stone King! You can read about their adventures with Bilby’s, slushy machines and cowboys in their blog here.
- Magical May was filled with young humans creating and broadcasting on the Tin Can Radio airwaves in Cairns as a part of the Cairns Children’s Festival. We collaborated with local Cairns artist Amber Grossman to facilitate workshops and host the broadcast at the Cairns Performing Centre and The Tanks.
- …. was full, we mean ever so joyful, performing at the Bleach* Festival program launch, scoring a front page of the Gold Coast Bulletin, facilitating intergenerational dance & slam poetry workshops in Toowoomba, and hosting our epic Roller Coaster Community launch – and those things happened in the first 3 days of June! Wowzers.
- Saw us commencing 52 Roller Coaster community workshops, rehearsals and engagement activities in 10 x Division across the Gold Coast leading up to the WORLD PREMIERE! Over 100 skaters signed up to be a part of the show alongside our Wheelie Good Times Roller Dance Ensemble and our kind & athletic friends from East Coast Roller Derby!
- And what better time than, ‘Jigsaw July’, for Darcie Rae, the successful applicant to be a part of the City of Gold Coast’s Professional Placement program to jump straight into helping us piece the Roller Coaster puzzle together!
- Was the long anticipated premiere of Roller Coaster, as the opening night event for Bleach* festival. Following a beautiful opening night function with kind words delivered from Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate, Minister Leeanne Enoch and Bleach* Festival Director Rosie Dennis , well if you were there then you know (think glitter in liquid form falling from the sky & outdoor show….) and if you weren’t there then watch this and remember the good times!
- The love and appreciation from all involved was so precious and something we will all never forget! Skating humans really are the best and do everything leading from their hearts and 8 wheels beneath the soles of their feets.
- Switching up theatre blacks for tropical business attire Kate & Pru headed back to Cairns for the Australian Performing Arts Exchange to share our work with hundreds of presenters, programmers and venues from across Australia.
- Splendid September saw Pru and our regular dance collaborator Jazi Othman moving, shaking and EMU-ing with their way to kindergartens across the Gold Coast with Lucas Proudfoot to film a video clip for his awesome new children’s show Proudfoot and friends.
- Time to commence planning for our end of year gathering or what we like to call an Art Party! How fun!!!
- A nifty time to collaborate with Michelle La Plastrier who designed our Art Party decor using cardboard boxes, pool noodles and old election corflutes. Our HQ was taken over in the best possible way with paint and craft supplies!
- The result was amazing and set the tone for a very special and fun End of Year Gathering that left us in stitches whilst playing ReBel BiNgO, full bellies from the delicious food and full hearts from spending time together!
- Here we are in the middle of Ding Dong December (Christmas bells!) wrapping up the year, writing Christmas cards and planning for 2024!
Out breath now!
Thanks for being a part of our year. We can’t wait to connect with you in 2024!