Fierce, tender and explosive, Roller Coaster is a new music theatre production with humour, heart, and a propulsive live soundtrack.
“If you want to learn how to fly, you’ve got to learn how to fall.”
Sam was once star Jammer with the East Coast Rockets Roller Derby crew. Now she’s the overstretched manager of a suburban roller rink, with two ratbag kids, a useless ex, and no room for dreams.
Tully’s a teen street skater yearning to belong. A ‘staff wanted’ sign collides their destinies, sending them smashing into the very best versions of themselves.
Based on real stories, this action-packed skating spectacle celebrates hope and how the rough and tumble ride of life on wheels can save you, just when you need it the most.
Roller Coaster is a community-engaged production starring dozens of local roller skaters, a live band, and an all-star team of musicians and performers.
Want to watch more about the development of Roller Coaster? – Click Here>
General Event Info
- Language Warning – One song has mild language
- Age –The performance is not specifically designed as a family or children’s show, although we welcome families, especially those supporting the participants in the show.
- Seating - is general admission on grandstand seating with cushions. If you require a seat with a back or other accessible seating, please contact HOTA Box Office (07) 5588 4000
- This is not an open skate experience – if you love to roller skate you can join the show by contacting email@example.com
- If you or someone you know would like to attend the show but is experiencing financial hardship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a ticket discount code supported by our accessible ticketing program. Limited number of tickets available.
- Auslan interpreted performance will be on Saturday 5 August